Your office space isn’t just a place of business; it’s an extension of your brand. As such, when it comes to designing and constructing a new office, it pays to stay up-to-date on the latest trends. Here are seven trends that will be dominating office construction in the year 2022.
1. Low-Carbon Footprint: We all know that reducing our carbon footprint is essential for protecting our planet—but did you know that it can also make for better offices? In 2022, low-carbon building materials like recycled steel and sustainable wood will be commonplace in new office constructions. Plus, offices will feature smart climate control systems that can automatically adjust their temperature to save energy and money.
2. Humanization of Workspaces: Gone are the days of drab cubicles and cramped conference rooms! Instead, open workspaces with plenty of natural light will be the norm in 2022 offices. Plants and artwork featuring positive messages will also adorn these spaces, helping employees feel happier and more productive throughout the day.
3. Flexible Floor Plans: No two companies have identical needs—which is why flexible floor plans are becoming increasingly popular among those planning a new office construction project in 2022. With this trend, businesses can reconfigure their spaces as their needs change over time without having to start from scratch each time they need to make an adjustment or addition.
4. Smart Technology Integration: Smart technology integration is no longer optional; it’s a must-have for any company looking to succeed in this digital age we live in. In 2022, offices will feature automated features like motion sensors and voice commands that streamline processes and make employees’ lives easier (and help them get more done!).
5. Social Gathering Spaces: Many companies are making room for social gathering spaces in their office designs this year—and for good reason! Not only do these areas boost morale by providing employees with places to relax during breaks or collaborate on projects outside of the traditional workspace; they also create opportunities for networking within departments or even across business units!
6. Improved Air Quality – Indoor air quality is becoming increasingly important as people spend more time indoors due to the pandemic. Businesses are investing in air filtration systems that remove pollutants from indoor air while also improving ventilation throughout the space.
7. Wellness Rooms – Mental health is something that should not be overlooked when designing an office space; wellness rooms provide a quiet place for employees to take a break and relax during stressful times at work. These rooms often include comfortable seating, natural light, plants, soothing music, essential oils diffusers, artwork or décor that promote calming vibes throughout the room.
By understanding these top seven trends in modern office design, you can ensure your company’s new workspace will remain competitive well into next year—and beyond! Whether your focus is on sustainability or employee engagement, there are many ways to incorporate these elements into your next office construction project so you can create a space that truly reflects your brand's mission and values while providing a comfortable work environment for your staff. With the right approach (and maybe a bit of help from an experienced contractor), you'll have an efficient workspace designed for success before you know it!